2.12.2010

Doc Appointment and Then Some

So I went to my appointment yesterday. We got there.. and started the ultrasound. Cash was all over the place as usual. I blame his dad for that. I had guessed that he was head down already because the movement I felt seemed as though his foot was in my rib area. Well, I was wrong. He is breech. Which isn't a problem for now. She showed us pictures of his face.. and we both think he has my nose.. and possibly just looks like me. We could be wrong on that of course. The ultrasound pictures she printed for us are not good. It's a far away picture of his face.. pretty much all you can make out are eye sockets and a nose. It was so awesome though to see his mouth open and close, his fingers move.. and his heart beating. She also showed us his diaphragm opening and closing, and let us know that he was practicing his breathing. That was also cool to see!

Next part. Seeing Dr. Grimes. Diego and I go in to the room.. she takes my blood pressure. Dr. Grimes comes in. My bp is 150/90.. she tells me there is still no protein in my urine, but that she wants to send me to Labor and Delivery for monitoring. I wasn't really worried until she mentioned that I could possibly be having a c-section within the next 24 hours. C-section because he is breech, so being induced wasn't an option. Diego and I drove across the street to the hospital.

Once we get to L&D, they have me put the gown on and get comfortable. I get hooked up to the blood pressure monitor, and a monitor on my belly for Cash's heartbeat. The nurse asks a million questions. I had the hardest time focusing. I get blood taken. Cash won't be still... they keep having to readjust the monitor to his new position. After about 2 hours, or maybe an hour I'm not sure.. they say I'm fine to go home. My blood pressure has gone back to normal. I have to do ANOTHER stinkin' 24 hour urine! Shoot me now! On the bright side though, my weekend has started so I don't have to take the jug to work.. so it's not as much of a hassle. I turn the jug in today around 4 and have some more tests done. It's a waiting game from here on out I guess. I'm thinking she will be putting me on bed rest for sure.

No comments: