12.30.2009

A Few Nursery Updates

Not all that much as changed in the nursery, just a few additions.

The plant, side table, and paintings are new. The plant we have had a for a long time, I think it goes well in the room. The side table we got on sale at World Market. Last one they had.. I was happy to snag it up! The paintings.. turned out pretty good. I was really nervous about them.. but, I think they are good for my first time!
Nursery 002 -small.JPG

Close up of the paintings.. they are not perfect, by any means but, I like the way the felt plants came out. I think it gives them a little something extra.
Nursery 011 -small.JPG

Finally finished repainting his name. The C & S both had blue backgrounds.. practically the same blue as the wall, and it just didn't look right so I ended up painting them red to go with the red of the A & H, however the red paint that I had did not match the color of the A & H so I ended up repainting all of them. The blue on the C & S was really hard to cover! There are several layers of paint on them.. these are definitely not perfect. So don't look too close! Overall though, they look fine.
Nursery 006 - small.JPG

Eventually, the name will be hung above the crib.. we aren't very good at hanging things on the wall, so those will have to wait until my mom comes to our house again. Also, I put together the swing that my sister in law gave us.. Chucky is hanging out in it until Cash gets here. Making sure those feline sisters don't take it over!
Nursery 003 - small.JPG

Last but not least, I love these picture frames we got for Christmas from Pier One. The pictures hang from clothes pins.. They will also be hung up whenever my mom comes out again.
Nursery 008 - small.JPG

That's all for now.. we still need a few things, like the chair pad for the rocking chair, rug for the floor, floating shelves for the other wall, changing pad for the dresser, hang the valance... and whatever else we find!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love it!! Looks super cute and cozy, I want to sleep in there. Can't wait to meet the little guy!!

Erica said...

I'm totally loving that nursery!!! It looks so good. And you did such a great job on the paintings! I can't believe you'd never done anything like that before. It looks like you've been painting your whole life! :)

Chucky in the swing. Ha! Ha!