11.27.2009

Jonah Cash to Cash Carter

After nearly a month of calling our baby Jonah.. he is now Cash. Cash was the name that I really wanted to go with before we ever posted the poll. For some reason, I just like the way it sounds. Diego always liked it, but never showed much interest in having that be his first name. Now all of a sudden.. his name has to be Cash!

When I say it as a name, I try not to think of it as.. cash money. I think of it as Johnny Cash. I was having a really hard time coming up with a middle name to go with it though. I finally put it with Carter, my maiden name, and I kinda fell in love with the sound of it. I also liked that it was a little piece of my father stuck in there. Diego's dilemma was that he thought people would think his last name was Carter. The thing that never ocured to us, but has since been pointed out is.. Johnny Cash & June Carter. I can't decided if that is cool, or lame :/

I was a little irritated that he wanted to change the name.. however, I do like Cash a lot too. I mean, how indecisive can two people be! Gee whiz! I told Diego that if we do change the name to Cash.. that would be final. Absolutely final, and that I don't want to hear another word about it. So... there you have it. Cash Carter Ybarra.

P.S. Do you think people will think his name is Cashy Barra? oh, the crap that runs threw my head! hahaha

No comments: