4.26.2009

Manor Downs

Manor Downs 018-small
Diego decided he wanted to go to Manor Downs to celebrate his birthday.. so we did just that. It was the last weekend they were going to be doing the live racing. I had been before, but it had been a really long time, but once we got there and watched a few races, it all started coming back to me. Diego and I started placing our bets, and we did really well. I don't think Diego came back with any money.. but I did. I started out with 2, $2 bets.. and I kept winning.. so I kept betting.. and I ended up betting all day on my first $4 dollars. On the next to last race I won $9.80 So, I bet all that plus an extra $2 on the last race.. and ended up winning $6.80. So.. I won all my money back.. plus an extra dollar something from earlier in the day. It was a lot of fun.
Manor Downs 017-small

Manor Downs 012-small
The races were all different distances.. on one of the mile long races.. after the race was already over.. and the horses were slowing down.. one of the horses, El Zaparista, stumbled.. and fell, he rolled over the jockey and bounced back up. He bucked a few times and then fell down. I FREAKED! I was soo sad.. I turned around and covered my eyes.. I had seen enough! I just wanted to cry.. but I kept it together. Help got there pretty quick, and they put up a cover so no one could see him. They took him off in a trailor. I HOPE he is ok.. but in actuality, I know he probably isn't. Oh and I don't know if the jockey was ok.. for some reason, he was not my concern. But, Diego said they took him away in ambulance too.. : /
Manor Downs 019-small

Manor Downs-small
Other than that incident, we had a really good time at the track.. we say it's probably a good thing that this was the last weekend, because we'd be back spending money next weekend too! After the races, we went to Shady Grove.. which was great as always!

No comments: