12.30.2008

Freaky Stuff

Some of you may know that I worked for a doctor's office at the professional building at St. David's for 5 years, right out of high school. On Friday, we took a break from the Wii (yeah.. we actually turned it off for a few minutes) and we switched the tv over to the cable.. and the news happened to be on. There was a breaking story, and I noticed reporter was standing outside of my old office building. So I listened on.. and come to find out there was a shooting! I was freaked out... because I still keep in close contact with most of my old co-workers. I was praying that none of my friends were involved. They didn't release any names but said that the office was on the 3rd floor.. so I was relieved. Our office was on the 1st floor.

I emailed my old office manager today to see if they were there when everything went down. She said that they were closed that day.. since it was the day after Christmas. One of the doctors I worked for was there doing some work though..

Apparently, the shooter was in a 10 year relationship with the employee and she had broken up with him 3 months ago. She had a restraining order against him, and she was being walked to her car everyday by someone just in case he was out there. He walked into the office, argued with her.. and then shot and she killed her. Sooo sad! She had been working there for 9 years.. and she died right there in front of all of her coworkers. I can't imagine how they must feel.

That story just really freaked me out.. so I had to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG....WOW that is sooo freaky. Oh I know I can only imagine how they must feel. Just reading that gave me the chills.