5.13.2010

Carpet Cleaning Fiasco

I hate carpet. Diego compares it to a sock that never gets washed.. and that is basically what it is. It's gross! Last year, for my birthday.. my mom got our carpets cleaned for us. The company that we used, Kiwi, has a policy that if you have them come back out within a year they will clean the carpets again for $4 per room. (per room that you had done previously) The time was rolling around again so I wanted to take advantage of the deal. I called and set up an appointment. They were going to come out to clean our bedroom, the living room, and the hall way. Of course, there is always a catch.. $4 per room, plus $28 trip fee.. fine. $40 isn't that bad and the carpets needed to be cleaned again. Bad! So we moved all the furniture and waited for them to show up. After several hours of looking at the living room with no furniture and straight up dirty carpet.. I could not wait for them to get there and get the carpets cleaned. This was Wednesday, the kid shows and looks around.. and says.. are you going to vacuum the floor? I said... UHHH, I thought you were going to. He tells me that when they come back for a warranty cleaning, they do not vacuum or move any furniture. I said, well no one told me that. I thought I was getting the same thing I got last time. He assures me that no, he will not be vacuuming.. and tells me that I can vacuum when he is done. I think NOT! We have cats.. which means there is cat litter tracked throughout our house and cat fur deep down.. and I am not going have you get that all nice and wet.. and then try to vacuum later. I tell him to wait a minute while I call Kiwi and find out why the hell no one told me this. The lady on the line says she can pull the tape and listen to the conversation where they told me that they would not be vacuuming.. I say PLEASE DO! Because I was not told this.. otherwise, I would have had the carpets vacuumed or I would have said nevermind. She puts me hold and comes back and says can you vacuum really quickly? or we can charge you another $4 per room to vacuum. Uh. no. I had (at the time) 7 week old baby to tend to.. and I am not going to vacuum, while the kid that is supposed to do it sits there and watches me. No. Plus, I want to hear the tape! They avoid playing me the tape so I give those people a piece of my mind.. and I was not even close to being nice about it. By this time the kid has walked back to his van.. I lock the door and tell the people to make him leave. I'm furious. Now I have to continue looking at this sick ass carpet.

Luckily, Diego heard about some guy on the radio that cleans carpets pretty cheap so we called him out. He couldn't come until Friday... which was a really long time to go with our furniture shoved in the corner.. but, we got the carpets done and they looked so much better. Here are some pictures from our days with no furniture:
DSCN5323

DSCN5361

DSCN5378

No comments: