8.30.2009

Ava Michelle

My friend Ashley finally popped! She was due Aug 25th, but figured since Gavin was born about a week early.. Ava probably would too. Wrong. The 25th came and went. The 26th came and went. The 27th was winding down, and bam.. right in the middle of Project Runway (haha) the contractions started and off to the hospital she went, and with only 30 more minutes left in the day.. Ava was born.

I got a call around 10:30 saying she was at the hospital, and around midnight I got another call saying Ava had arrived.. and that she weighed a whopping 8 pounds 6 oz! Which is pretty big considering her parents are both pretty small. I was so happy, it took forever for me to go back to sleep. I keep wondering what she looked like.. how Ashley was doing.. and how it all went down. She was lucky that she had a quick labor, but for the second time.. there was no time for drugs!

The next morning, my friend Brandy and I were soo anxious to go see the baby.. we got ready early.. went and got some balloons and food for Ash... and spent the whole day at the hospital. We left briefly in the evening and headed back up there with our boys. For having pretty much no sleep, Ash seemed to be in a great mood, laughing, and hanging out with her visitors.. maybe because she was finally on drugs :)

I guess maybe because I am pregnant and I know that the next baby I hold (that little) will be my own, I couldn't help but fall completely in love her and her littleness. Even though she was actually rather large.. she was still so little. I was holding her in the rocking chair and she gripped my finger and held it tight. My heart melted. *tears are actually falling down my face right now! darn hormones!* I love babies!!!

She looks nothing like her mother.. at least right now she doesn't... she resembles Gavin when he was a baby. But, she has a totally different shaped head. A large head haha.. I'm excited to see what she looks like in a few weeks.. until then, here are the pictures from the hospital.

Please focus on the baby and not the cleavage! I'm having issues containing these things :)
Ava Michelle 003-small

Ava Michelle 004-small

Diego and Ava
Ava Michelle 010-small

No comments: