2.16.2009

Valentine's Day

Diego and I had plans to go to dinner the evening of Valentine's day with our friends Reno and Allison.. but we didn't have anything planned for during the day. Luckily, our income tax refunds were deposited into our account on Friday. So.. we decided to go look at tattoos! I had been wanting to do something with the ugly butterfly tattoo I have on my back. I got the tattoo on a whim, when I was 18.. needless to say.. I'm no longer a fan of it! It was really dark, and pretty generic. I wanted to add some vines and flowers too it.. and that's what I ended up getting on Saturday. It wasn't exactly how I wanted it, but I do think it looks better than it did. Diego on the other hand got a really cool, Dia De Los Muertos sugar skull on his arm.
Hearts1
I was planning on taking a before and after picture of my tattoo.. but as I went to take a picture of it... my damn camera died. It had been working earlier in the day.. but was definitely not turning on anymore. (yes! it was charged) So.. oh well no before picture. After my tattoo was done, Diego still had lots more to go.. so I went to the store and bought a new camera. I had been wanting a Nikon Coolpix - the plum colored one. When I got to the store, I immediately fell in love with the more expensive one. So I got that one! annnd.. I LLLOOVE it! It's so neat!
My new camera - mine is black though
Camera
So when I got back to the tattoo shop, I started taking pictures. Oh, the name of the shop is Resurrection Tattoo, it's on South Lamar near Oltorf.
Here are the pictures:
Tattoos 004-small

Tattoos 003 -small

Tattoos 001 -small
Before they put the light blue in
Tattoos 005 -small
All finished back at home
Tattoos 013 -small
Here is mine.. before it was just the butterfly. He made the butterfly look better also
Tattoos 011-small
After we finished with the tattoos.. we rushed home, changed and went to dinner. We ate at PF Chang's.. it was very good! We had desserts in shot glasses.. it was neat because everyone got what they wanted.. and it wasn't a huge dessert! Diego got carrot cake, and I got lemon tart.
Valentine's Day 2009 002 -small
At PF Chang's
Valentine's Day 2009 003 -small
After we ate, we went to the Cedar Door to have a drink.. and then we went to the Tiniest Bar in Texas. It was a nice laid back atmosphere. We had some drinks and chatted for a while. I played with my camera also.. and found out it has a ton of cool settings.
Valentine's Day 2009 014 -small

Valentine's Day 2009 008 -small

Valentine's Day 2009 010 -small
I'm not a big drinker, but I always leave room for margaritas!
Valentine's Day 2009 012 -small

Valentine's Day 2009 011 -small
Reno and Allison
Valentine's Day 2009 019 -small

Valentine's Day 2009 016 -small
We had an all around good day!

No comments: