11.25.2008

Orange Fish

I cleaned the fish tank last Tuesday and all seemed to be fine. Saturday night, I turned the light out as I do every night.. and Sunday morning when I fed them, I turned the light on and the tank seemed to be super cloudy. There was no reason for this.. and it did make me wonder what had happened.. but the fish seemed to be fine so I rinsed off the filter and hoped it would clear up. Yesterday when I got home from work..the tank was still cloudy and I noticed that my biggest fish.. the orange one.. did not seem to be swimming around. He was laying on the bottom (which he always does) but this time, he seemed to be tilted and I know that's never a good sign. I checked to make sure he was still breathing and he was.. but it was very labored. I checked the other fish (the white one) and he seemed to be ok, swimming around like normal. About an hour later, I checked back.. and the white fish was up side down on the bottom!! I was like.. F!!K! all my fish are going to die! As soon as I said that, the white one popped up and swam away like normal.. I started to panic and took both fish out.. and separated them into 2 different pitchers. A little while later, my orange fish quit breathing :( I'm pretty sad, but I've had him for 3 years.. so he had a nice long life for a fish I think. I left the white fish in the pitcher over night and he was still alive this morning. Diego is cleaning out the tank as we speak. Hopefully my white fish makes it! I feel bad that he is the only fish and the tank now, so I might go buy him a friend or 2. Tonight I will be burring Orange Fish next to his friend.. Black fish.

No comments: