9.26.2008

Desk Project

I've been on a mission to find a real desk... we've been using a card table. Which I was fed up with because it gets so cluttered due to the fact that there are no drawers or anywhere to put anything except on top.

I wanted a desk with a hutch, but those are pretty pricey. I found one that I loved at World Market.. and it was under $100. But.... of course, it was a one time.. back to school offer and every store from Round Rock to Selma were sold out. Bummer!

So I searched Craig's List and didn't find anything close to what I was looking for.. I went to tons of thrift stores.. nothing. Stephanie finally found a few with hutches on Craig's List.. but they were already sold.

Then, Chubbs told me to try St. Vincent De Paul which is a little thrift store on S. Congress. I had never heard of it.. but I went there and Wah La! I found myself a cheap little desk. Only $14.50... but it needed some work.


Before:
There were about 4 different colors of paint under what you see here.. and the hardware was super old and out dated.
Photobucket

After:
I sanded the heck out of it, and changed the hardware.. and repainted....
Photobucket

I'm super impressed with myself, I've never used a sander... or refinished anything before. I think it turned out quite nice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah I love, love, love it!!! Great Job Crystal!!!