7.02.2008

Sushi!

I'm glad to report that I actually stepped out of my comfort zone and and tried something that I NEVER try. Sushi! Before I continue, I must make note.. that I do NOT eat fish. I do not like the way it smells, I don't like the texture.. and the taste does nothing for me. So yesterday I was browsing around HEB and came across the Sushi kiosk, which I normally pass right up!, but this time I stopped to check it out.. and all of a sudden it, it actually started to look good. I decided to give it a chance. I have no idea what I am picking here, I have heard of some of that stuff before, but never actually tried it. Before I really go patting myself on the back.. I should also note that I ended up choosing the Vegetarian Rolls and Philadelphia Rolls with get this.. imitation crab. So I didn't eat any fish.. but I felt really cool!

The Verdict: I think it's an acquired taste.. I liked the Phillie Roll better I think because the Veggie Roll has seaweed on the outside.. so it had a funny taste, after I peeled the seaweed off those were much better! Someday I will branch out and try a new kind. Thumbs Up!

Oh and Diego.. HATED it! that was really funny to watch!
Photobucket
The Vegetarian Roll
-carrots, avocado, and cucumber with rice and seaweed on the outside-

Photobucket

Philadelphia Roll with Imitation Crab

-avocado, cream cheese, crab, with seaweed and rice on the outside

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah i'm not a big fan of the seaweed either. it just doesnt taste right. well way to go to you for trying something new.

Unknown said...

You should pick up the spicy shrimp roll that they sell there. It slams!