5.08.2008

The Raffle at Work

For the past few weeks at work the "Morale Committee" has been promoting this raffle fundraiser they are doing. Several units at work put together themed baskets.. such as a Texas basket, a Spa basket, a Toy basket, a Baby basket, a Tea Time basket.. there were about 10 of them. I looked over them and considered buying a ticket for the baby basket.. but it didn't look that great. Tuesday of this week (the day before the final day) they put out another baby basket that was MUCH better! and I thought.. well heck, the raffle is almost over and this is super cute.. I probably have a good chance of winning it. The tickets were a $1 each or $4 for 5.. so I bought 5. I kept an eye out to see how many other tickets were put into the can.. and by the end of Wednesday there was a bunch of tickets in there.. I thought damn! I'm not going to win after all!
Today was the drawing.. and I'll be damned if I didn't win the basket!! I'm proud of it! It has some cute stuff.. 2 baby blankets, a fun link toy, powder, body wash & lotion, bibs, even flo bottle, socks, pacifiers, wipes and a toy monkey.. all for the bargain price of $4 and I helped out our Morale Committee! Here's a pic of my winnings!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for baby stuff! You're gonna need it.