7.11.2012

Remembering Richard

 On July 5th, Diego, David and I went to San Antonio to spend time with John and the other Ybarra family. John's brother, Richard, passed away one year ago. (John & Richard are Diego's cousins) It's still so sad to think about. We didn't get to see Richard too much, so when I go about my daily life.. it's hard to believe that he isn't here anymore. In my heart, I like to believe he is still in San Antonio going to school and going about his daily life just like I am. Being there at the crash site and seeing the house he lived in for the first time, made me face the fact that he really is gone. Not gone back to Korea, gone forever. It just doesn't seem real.



Some family and Friends that went to the crash site with us
Grandpa with his grandkids
Trying to see who's taller - Of course, it's the youngest!
The boys played drinking games with Richard's friends.
John made a toast to Richard.
John and his girlfriend, Sam.
More of Richard's friends from Korea showed up, we hung out with them and listened to story, after story about Richard. Anybody who knew Richard, knew he was a crazy, silly guy. He always had wild stories to tell us about living in Korea. We always wondered if his stories were exaggerated, and come to find out.. they weren't. He was just as crazy as we thought he was! Haha. Hanging out with his friends made us feel like we were hanging out with Richard. The times we got to see him were short, and mostly filled with family time. Ah, Richard.. why did you have to leave us so soon. I can tell that your passing really has effected your friends as well. You could see it in their faces and in their voices. You're friends are good people, a tight group. I'm glad we got to spend that time with them. That was definitely a night Diego and I will never forget.

These are two of my favorite pictures of Richard.

No comments: