7.22.2010

Water Boy

We have a child that loves the outdoors, and the water! Cash absolutely loves to be outside. Even when it's 90 plus degrees and the mosquito's are buzzing around, he is perfectly content. He loves to go on walks, sit in the backyard with his daddy, and glide on the front porch with his Granny & Aunt Clonda. Baby Man also loves his baths... he splashes around, smiles and talks! With all that said, we were thinking, mostly hoping, that he would love the swimming pool as well. His Mimi brought over an inflatable pool, Diego blew it up and put some water in it. Just a little bit of water.. not even enough to cover his leg.. we stuck him in it and he was alright with it. Bathtub water is much warmer than water hose water, so it took a bit of adjusting but he seemed to like it.

Fast forward about week or so.. my friend Brandy, who I hadn't seen in forever wanted to come out with her girls and go swimming at our neighborhood pool. Cash obviously had never been to the big pool, nor had he ever been in the sun that long.. I was a little hesitant, but I thought what the hell.. if he hates, we'll just sit in the shade.. because I know he won't mind being outside.

I was excited to see how he would do.. before Brandy got there we lathered up with sunscreen, got his little hat out, and put his trunks on.

We started off small.. just sitting in the water around the buckets that spill over, and the mushroom.. he seemed ok with this. Brandy's girls were loving the buckets and standing under the mushroom. We started to get hot.. so Brandy and I got in the water. I held Cash and he was just fine with it... I was so happy! He was just checking it out. The neighborhood kids kept jumping in right next to us and he would get splashed in the face.. he didn't even make a whimper. We asked those kids if they could jump in a little further down, did they listen.. no, so they made me go all mean mother on them!! Eventually, I just took him to the deeper end.. he floated on his back, and even started kicking his legs when I held him on his stomach. I accidentally dipped his face in the water.. and still, he didn't seem to mind.

We got out and went back over to the mushroom, I walked under the water fall with him and he was just as happy as could be.. I was really surprised! After about an hour, he started rubbing his eyes and with in seconds he was out. Completely crashed. I had such a good time with my little guy, I can't wait to take him back! Next time with Daddy :)



1 comment:

DY said...

I know he's my son cause he loves the outdoors.