7.22.2010

4 Months

Baby Man is growing like a weed! He started out this tiny 5 pound baby and is a now a whopping 16 pounds! Ok, 15.14 pounds! Still, the boy is really growing. All we need now is those legs to get longer!! We went to the doctor earlier this week and she gave us the go ahead to start solid foods. I had already jumped the gun on this one.. but, everything I had been doing is pretty much what she told us to do.. so no harm, no foul. So far he has had, rice cereal, apple sauce, apple sauce mixed with rice cereal, bananas with rice cereal, sweet peas, peaches with oatmeal and... re fried beans! Ha, yes.. we went to Don Dario's the new restaurant at Slaughter and 35. I put and little bit on my finger and put it to his mouth.. he really liked it! He ate quite a bit, after all he is "half a Mexican" as Bailey would say.

Going for a walk at Granny's!
One thing that the doctor told us that I was really shocked about was that she wants him to be completely on solid foods at 6 months! No more formula, no bottles.. just sippy cups and table food. Formula is expensive, so I'm ok with this! We'll see how it goes. I think I might be considered a terrible mother, because I have yet to take a picture of his face covered in food! I'm a quick wiper! I just can't let the food build up on his face.. plus, he puts his hands in his mouth and touches his toes, and everything else.. I'll work on that and get a picture up!

1 comment:

Keri said...

Stumbled on your blog. You have a cute family :)I'm shocked too that your doctor would tell you to be completely on solids then. I've always learned to start gradually introducing solids at 6 months, and gradually increase the food to milk ratio. This worked really well with my kids.

Hope the weaning goes well :)