5.26.2010

It's Tuesday!

1. What? It's Tuesday and I'm actually doing this! Wow.

2. "Operation baby weight has got to go" started a few weeks ago.. if I had a reliable scale I'd know how much weight I've lost, but for now I just go by the way my clothes fit and look. My pants are fitting a little loose, I can not keep my maternity pants up anymore. The best part is, I put on a pair of my pre pregnancy jeans and got them zipped and button.. sporting serious muffin top, but hey at least I can get them on. Soon I think I'll be able to actually wear the out of the house!

3. Sadly enough, my maternity leave has ended. Today will be a full week that I have been back to the old grind. However, now I am working at night.. 4:30pm-1 am. It really hasn't taken much getting used to.. it's worked out great. Around 3pm, I head to Diego's work.. Cash and I sit and wait for him, we do the hand off, and off to the office I go! Luckily, my work is pretty close to his. Sometimes we get a little bored waiting.. and pictures happen!
DSCN5604

4. This is a picture from a while back (I don't think I ever shared it) I don't even think Cash was born yet. What else is an old Bumbo box good for?
DSCN4996

5. I think, not sure.. but, I think I mentioned on here that we experienced a flash flood at the greenbelt one evening. If not, we were at the greenbelt.. and all of a sudden the water started getting higher and higher. We had no idea what was happening, until I talked to my mom and it and she said it was a flash flood. It was cool to see, but thankfully it wasn't seriously high water.. or we would have been in big trouble! I don't have a before, but the water was not moving near this fast when we got there.
DSCN5562

6. Our yard is looking really good this year! I wish I would have taken a picture of it when got home from the hospital.. it was looking soo terrible! Diego had pulled a ton of weeds, but there were still so many more to go. Aunt Clonda was determined to get all those weeds up and she (with Diego's help) did a great job! After that Diego put Scott's weed and feed on it.. and it got green really fast! Last year I think we would mow once a month! This year, it's about once a week.
DSCN5600

DSCN5597
7. Random Cash
DSCN5569
8. My Aunt Mary, who now lives on the ranch in Lexington, used to live in Austin.. just down the street from our old house. Anyone who knows her, knows she always keeps a nice yard. Diego, and I were driving through the old hood one evening.. and drove by one of her old houses.. and this is how it looks now. We had to stop and take a picture, words just would not have been able to explain what we saw!
DSCN5453
yes, that is a frog band.. in the middle.

DSCN5454
9. To the cats, no place is off limits. No matter how many times we get on to them, they just do what they please. Regina was nice enough to let us use her bassinet, and I knew.. it was going to be really hard to keep the cats out of it! It's as though they thought we brought it home for them. I keep it filled with stuffed animals when it's not being used and they pretty much stayed away from it. That is until one day, apparently.. I did not put enough stuffed animals in it.. and Mia pushed her way through!
DSCN5576
What a jerk! Regina, I promise I will wash it and get it back to normal before I give it back!

10. hmmmmmm... I don't think I have anything else to say, plus I should really grab something to eat before Cash wakes up!

1 comment:

DY said...

Great post... I've missed you on this ol blogosphere.