3.30.2009

Slumber Party!

Also this weekend, I had the pleasure of attending Bailey's 6th birthday party... which was her 1st slumber party! My friend Brandy, Bailey's mom, asked me to please come over and help/keep her sane during the party. On the way over to their house, I was trying to mentally prepare myself for all the craziness that I had instore for me! Luckily, when I got there.. I found out that only 2 girls were coming over. Total of 3 girls. I was very ok with only 3 girls. I was expecting like 6 or 7. One of the little girls, Cierra, has been Bailey's friend for a few years.. and she is in Bailey's Kindergarten class. The other little girl, Kaden (guessing at the spelling of her name), was only 3 years old! She is the daughter of one of Brandy's Co-workers.. so being the young one and the not so well known.. she had the odds against her. We had to keep telling the older girls to make sure they were including her!

*Note: it is nearly impossible to get 3 kids to take a picture with all eyes open!*

The girls just hanging out eating pop corn
This was probably the 10th attempt at this picture!
Cierra, Bailey, Kaden
untitled

Cierra plays guitar while Bailey sings..
Me with the kids

Chris.. in a house full girls!
Chris with the kids

Aliya, not really knowing what to think about things
Aliya

Blowing out the candles
Blowing out the candle

Bailey and Cierra singing with their new High School Musical headsets
Singing
Day One..
we did all the normal birthday party stuff.. cake, presents, pizza. The girls watched High School Muiscal and two of them fell asleep watching Tinkerbell. They slept in floor of Bailey's room and I slept in Bailey's bed. That would have been just fine, however.. Kaden was not ready to go to sleep with everyone else. She stayed up until nearly 2 am! Which meant.. I stayed up until nearly 2 am. She kept trying to play with stuff near her sleeping bag. Finally, she started trying to actually go to sleep.. she layed down.. then coughed.. and coughed.. and coughed.. her poor little head off! Somehow, I managed to get a little bit of sleep.

The next morning.. Everyone's in a good mood
Morning

Texas shaped waffles!
Waffles

Day two..
After breakfast, everyone got dressed and we went across the street to the little playground. That got boring quick.. so we went back to the house and painted nails. Kaden just had to put make up on, so I busted out the Hannah Montana make up that I got Bailey and put some make up on her. Thankfully, the make up hardly shows up.. so it just looked like she had lip gloss on.

I remembered that I had my little heilum tank in the car, from the baby shower. When I bought the helium tank, I noticed it came with stickers to make faces on the balloons. So, I thought that would something cool for them to do until there parents came. So after there nails were dry. I got the helium tank.. and they had a blast!

Balloon Faces

Kaden's balloon
(she picked the stickers, and I placed them)
Kadens Balloon

Bailey's balloon
Bailey's Balloon

Cierra's balloon
Whoa.. crazy face! haha
Cierras Balloon
The girls and their balloons..
still never looking!
Never looking
While making her balloon.. I heard Bailey say:
"Best. Slumer Party. Ever."
Enough Said.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Looks so fun & girly! I can't believe a 3 year old stayed overnight by herself!! She's a big 3 too!