3.02.2009

The Front Yard: A work in progress

It's no lie that Diego and I completely neglect our front yard. The way our house is layed out, the living room looks directly at the back yard, so naturally.. we spend more time making it look good, because we see it more often. When we come home after work, we never really go back out to the front yard.. so we have yet to do anything with it. I could never really come up with anything to do with it.. it's just so plain and boring.

Boring Front Yard

Every year, I do plant flowers and remulch the front, but I don't keep up with it like I do the backyard. It's looking pretty rough!

Close up of Flower Bed

Yesterday, when I got off work.. Diego and I went to Lowe's (Yes! the new Lowe's in Kyle, Love it!) We bought what seemed like a million (red castle wall) bricks, top soil, cow manure, and pete humus. My car was riding low!

Saturn Loaded Down

When we got home, we dug up the few flowers we had and tilled up the dirt.

Plants removed, Soil tilled


Our yard slopes down towards the house, and it makes it hard to see the flower bed from the road. So I wanted to build the flower bed up a little, also so that grass would stop growing in my flower bed!

First Layer Boarder



Boarder Finished
The boarder is not that high, but it definitely makes it more noticeable from the street. I can't wait until the next step! Trellises, flowers, and hanging baskets! Stay tuned..

No comments: