2.01.2009

Another Double Feature Weekend

Once again, I saw two movies in one weekend. This time both movies were great! Friday, I didn't have much going on, since Diego has gone back to work.. I don't know what to with myself on my Fridays off!! So, I went to the movies by myself... Does this make me a loser? I've done it before and I really don't mind it at all. This time I actually snuck in Subway :D that's one good reason to carry a big purse! Anyway, I saw Slumdog Millionaire. Very good movie, I really enjoyed it.
slumdog_millionaire
Then on Saturday, Diego, Chubbs and I went to go see Gran Torino. There were definitely a LOT of racial slurs towards the Asians, in the movie. Even though, I know it's not right.. it was still kinda funny.. Clint Eastwood did an awesome job! I laughed and even cried a little during this movie. It was even better than Slumdog Millionaire in my opinion. I can not believe this movie was not nominated for any academy awards! I think Gran Torino deserves best picture and I think Clint Eastwood deserves best actor! At least a nomination! Come on!
grantorinoposter
Speaking of the Oscars.... How the hell does Robert Downey Jr. get nominated for Tropic Thunder?

No comments: