10.16.2008

Holiday Schedule

I work for the state.. and I am happy to be a state employee...
When I first started, I was so excited to have the state holidays..
Well.. Of course, I got stuck with the state job that does not close on holidays!!
I work for the CPS abuse hot line..
and unfortunately people don't make exceptions to beating their kids on holidays..

So.. every year I hold my breath and wait to see what holiday I get stuck with.
This year.. I get to miss out on Thanksgiving.. and the day after. Which is pretty sucky.. because I work Sun-Thursday normally.. and this means I am scheduled Sun-Friday. According to my boss, this might not work.. so hopefully I can get this changed. If not it will be a long week.. and I will be getting Thanksgiving leftovers again this year. Boo!

I shouldn't be upset.. I do get the whole week of Christmas off.. and New Years Day!

No comments: