7.07.2008

Project Paint

I've been trying to write this blog for a while.. and it's really hard not to go into extreme detail.

Basically... I have been wanting to paint our living room for some time. Diego described it as a page in a coloring book.. that hasn't been colored yet.. and I agree!!

So, I was wanting to do something drastic.. to take away from all the green we have in the living room. Our couches are green, and we have a ton of plants! I've had tons of ideas.. but the one that kept coming back to me was some kind of terracotta burnt orangish color. NOT UT orange though!! I wanted to paint the main living room wall, the orange color and the accent the orange with a tealish/turquoise color. Then pick up the turquoise in the kitchen. So we finally narrowed down all the orange colors.. and bought Mexican Chile.

OMG.. We get home and I open the paint can. It is Orange.. very very Orange. I freak out. I tell Diego and that I am not sure if that's going to work. It didn't look the same as it did on the damn card!!! So we put some paint on the card.. and sure enough it's the right color. So I say what the hell.. just try it.

So, when I got off of work on Sunday.. I taped up the edges and got to work..

I F-ing HATE IT!!!!!!! It looks like Home Depot threw up on our wall!! I have to repaint this wall.. immediately, if not sooner! I should have listened to Diego when he said he thought some sort of red color would look better. Now I am thinking a "reder" orange would look a lot better!

*I am at work right now, I will post pictures from home when I get a chance*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH NOOO! Hmm, well don't give up it's a start and you'll find the right color.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but lol to the idea of Home Depot throwing up on your wall! I am sure it is better now though.