5.12.2008

Week By Week

Right after I suspected that I might be pregnant I found this website called Surebaby. I really like the week by week section, it tells me what should be going on with me and the baby. Today starts my 8th week, so this is what is going on with us:
The Baby:
This week of pregnancy your baby is a not even an inch in length, but about the size of a cherry. Your baby's eye lids are beginning to form, but until their growth is complete; the eyes look open. The tip of the nose is present and the ears are forming internally and externally. Your baby's heart has 140-150 fluttering beats per minute- about twice as many as yours! Arms are growing, and wrists and elbows are evident. Your baby's hands and feet are shaped like paddles, while the fingers and toes are beginning to form. Muscle contractions are starting, but early movements aren't noticeable to you, yet.

Changes in You:
Your waistline is likely to have expanded a bit by the end of this week, but the changes are very gradual. Your uterus is about the size of a grapefruit this week.

No comments: